Disclaimer

The stories on this blog are for mature (18+) audiences only. Read at your own risk. By reading these stories, you are agreeing not to copy or re-post without written permission, nor plagiarize this material or website in any way.

The setting for the Sheila & K'avir stories is the Star Trek Mirrorverse. Anything Star Trek-related are the intellectual property of Gene Roddenberry. All other characters, planets, star systems and content not within said scope are my own.


11.20.2011

Sugar

Starring Peter Le as Michael Kang and Sanaa Lathan as Neshelle Tyler.
After two weeks of talking on the phone, Michael finally asked me out.  I knew that he was giving me the time and space I needed, as well as allowing me to control the situation.  I was grateful for his patience because it was very hard juggling him and Kevin.  If anyone had told me a year ago that I’d be dating two men at the same time, I would have laughed in their faces.  But neither Michael nor Kevin would take no for an answer, and so I found myself with both of them at the same time.  Not that either was aware of the other’s presence; I was very careful to keep them separate in my mind and my world.  My first date with Kevin—he too, had waited a couple of weeks before we finally went out—had been out of this world; completely mind- and body-blowing.  I was so beside myself that it was quite simple for me to sleep with him that evening.  And what was worse was that I didn’t regret it, for it had been a fantastic, unbelievable night.  He called me the next morning to see if I was all right and to make arrangements for another date, which I agreed to.
Yeah, so I’m easy.  Fuck it, I’m grown.
Neshelle Tyler

Michael told me that I didn’t need to get fancy for our date; he wasn’t one to dress up unless absolutely necessary.  I didn’t know where we were going, but I was sure it would be somewhere outdoors.  I found a pair of my favorite Levi’s, a blue tank top and a denim overshirt.  I was curious as to where Michael was taking me.  It took me a few minutes to decide on my hair, and then I cursed myself as the only sensible hairstyle for an unexpected outdoor date is a ponytail.  The weather had been nice all day, and there was no reason to think that it would change, but it was best to be prepared.
            At six, I was amused to see him roll up on a Harley Davidson.  A thread of uneasiness snaked through me; I’d never ridden a motorcycle before.  I wasn’t sure if I could or even if I wanted to.  But I took several deep breaths and made up my mind to keep an open mind and experience anything this man wanted to show me.  He got off the bike and removed his helmet and leather jacket, carrying the latter as he walked up to my front door.  I was standing right in front of it but made him ring twice before answering.  I didn’t want to seem anxious even though I was.  The last time I saw Michael—the day we met—was over three weeks ago.
Michael Kang
            He stood in my doorway, fine as could be in jeans and a T-shirt.  Michael worked out and had muscles in all the right places.  He was five-eleven, forty-two years old, a software engineer for Sun Microsystems, and handsome as all get out.  He had a sixteen year-old daughter and a fifteen year-old son.  And a crazy ex-wife, if I understood him correctly.
“Neshelle,” he said, looking at me.
“Hi, Michael.”
“May I come in?”
“Sure.  I still have to finish dressing; I won’t be but a moment.”
            He followed me in, closing the door behind him.  I trotted back to my room, lined my lips and applied a bronze gloss, put on my gold studs and checked my face.  I looked all right.
“Wear a jacket.  It can get cold on the bike.” 
I jumped.  He was standing in my doorway and he smiled at me.  Michael’s smile is amazing.  He used it on me the day we met and it made it quite easy for me to take his business card.  It was also one of the reasons why I had no problem calling him.  He was a very handsome man.  I noticed he wore gloves.
“I never pictured you on a motorcycle.”  He drove a truck.
“I bought it six months after my divorce.  My ex-wife never wanted me to have one, but after our marriage ended, I said to hell with it and got a Harley.  I love to ride.  Have you ridden before—or do I already know the answer?”
            I went to my closet and grabbed my short leather jacket and rummaged until I found my leather gloves.  “You know the answer.”
“Then I’ll be treating you to something new.  Good.  You look great,” he said when I came up to him.  “I’m glad you decided to go out with me.”
“I don’t recall you giving me an option,” I teased.  “Where are we going?”
“Let me surprise you,” he said.  He held out his hand and I took it.  He brushed his lips against the back of my hand and looked at me carefully.  I closed my eyes; his lips were warm and smooth.  I took a breath to keep myself under control, but part of me knew that it wasn’t going to be easy.  I was attracted to Michael in the same way I was attracted to Kevin, but for far different reasons.  They were as different as night and day.  I wondered if I was going to sleep with Michael too.  It wasn’t out of the realm of possibilities.  I own my sexuality top to bottom, from my hair follicles to my toenails.
“Are you all right?”
“I am.”
“Well, shall we?”
         I followed him out after securing my alarm system.  Michael got on the Harley first and handed me a blue helmet.  He helped me put it on, zipped up my jacket, and then put his on, zipping it up too. 
“Get behind me and put your feet there,” he pointed.  “Hold me tight, but don’t squeeze me.”
“All right.”  I got on and waited for him to put on his helmet.  I was very nervous and knew, despite his warning that I was probably going to have him in a death grip.
“You’re going to want to squeeze your eyes shut, but don’t.  Be sure to look around.  Get a different perspective.”
“All right,” I said again, trying not to let my nervousness overcome me. 
I guess my consternation showed because he took my hand again.  “Relax, Neshelle.  You’ll be all right.  I won’t let anything happen to you.”
Michael straddled the bike and started it.  The engine roared to life and he turned back to look at me.  “Hold on,” he said.
I slid my arms around him and in spite of my jittery nerves, appreciated the feel of his hard body.  He was in perfect shape and he felt so good.  Michael backed the bike out of my driveway and we were off.  I thought I was going to fall off and squeezed him.  He stopped at the stop sign and I heard, “Neshelle, I can’t drive if I can’t breathe.  Loosen up, baby.  And open your eyes.”
I didn’t even realize they were shut.  I opened them just in time for Michael to hit the main road.  He wasn’t going very fast, but the fact that I was on the back of a motorcycle and not in a car freaked me out to an extent.  I squeezed him again but then released as I took several deep breaths.  Per his instructions, I began looking around, fascinated at the new perspective.  People drove while on their phones and I caught a few people texting while driving.  Seeing that made me panic a bit, but my nerves calmed down as I realized that Michael avoided these individuals.  I also noticed how uneven the asphalt was and how smoothly he avoided dips, cracks and potholes.  I began to relax as it became clear that this man would not allow me to be harmed.  At least not while on his bike.
The sun was setting and the sky was a gorgeous blend of pastel colors.  I looked at the horizon, appreciating the fact that I could actually enjoy the vision of the sky while in motion.  I cushioned myself against Michael’s back and adjusted my hold on him.  He blended with several more motorcyclists; some with partners, and we rode with them for several miles.  I wondered if he knew them.  But soon my attention was distracted as I realized we were heading for the coast…and to Great America. The rollercoasters looked as if they were sculpted in bas-relief; the way they stood boldly against the sky captivated my attention.  I would have never noticed all of this glorious detail if I were driving my car.
Michael parked the bike and we dismounted and secured our helmets.  I was excited.  I hadn’t been to an amusement park in years, and had never been to Great American in San Francisco.
“Rollercoasters?” I asked, completely charmed by this man.
“Why not?” he said, smiling at me as he unzipped his jacket.  “Are you afraid?”
“No,” I said.  “It’s been years; I probably won’t even fit into the seats now.”  I’d put on a few pounds since the last time I rode a coaster.
He looked me over.  “Oh, you’re fine.  Come on.”
Casually, he took my hand and led me to the ticket booths.  I looked around, feeling giggly as I took in the fact that I was on a date with a physically perfect man and we were at the amusement park.  He bought tickets and we went in.  It was a Thursday evening and there was a good crowd.  The sounds of screaming people, the smells of funnel cakes, popcorn, cotton candy and corn dogs, and the sight of folks having fun made me giddy.  I looked at Michael with a big goofy grin plastered on my face.  I didn’t know what was going to happen, but I did know that the night wasn’t going to pass without me kissing him.  At least.
         I looked into his clear brown eyes.  “This was a great idea.”
         “Is that right?” Michael said, smiling at me.
 “Yes.  I have to admit that I wasn’t expecting this.  But I like it so far.”
“Do you want to eat now or later?”
“The idea of a funnel cake is enticing, but I think I’d like to wait until later.  It’s been so long since I rode a coaster that I’m not certain of how my stomach will respond to it.”
“Fair enough,” he said, taking my hand.  “Because we’re hitting the thrill rides first.”
My stomach did a little flip-flop as Michael led me to the queue for the FireFall, which was filled with crazy vertical twists and drops.  We were fortunate that the wait wasn’t very long and we took our seats next to another couple.  Michael asked me if I wanted to sit on the edge and I quickly refused.  In moments, my heart was in my throat, yet I was screaming and laughing hysterically as the FireFall took us on an insane, twist-laden ride.  When it was over, he was leading me to yet another ride: the Demon, which was a multiple-loop phenomenon.  Michael wasted no time between rides and we hit every one of the coasters: Tiki Twirl, Delirium, Drop Tower Scream Zone, Invertigo (which I LOVED) Grizzly, Vortex, and Flight Deck.  After which, my throat was a bit scratchy from screaming and laughing.  My face was warm and I felt good.
“Hungry now?” he asked after we left Flight Deck.
“Starving.  Please feed me.”
"Can I get fries with that shake?"
Michael chuckled and I thought again that his smile was maybe the most amazing one I’d ever seen.  “Do you want to go to one of the restaurants or a snack stand?”
“Restaurants?  They have those options now?”
“Yes.  There’s the Outback Shack, the Game Time Bar and Grill, the American CafĂ©, and plenty more.  Joe Cool is my personal favorite.”
“Joe Cool?" I giggled.  "What do you want?”
“I don’t care.  I’m here to please you, Neshelle.”
“I want the full old-school amusement park experience.  Let’s go to a snack stand and get something excessively greasy and fatty.”
“Agreed.”
So we went to Joe Cool's and I turned into a glutton; I never eat like this and so I was going to indulge.  I got a chili dog, garlic fries, and a large ICEE.  Michael had an enormous plate of nachos, which he shared with me.  We talked about my job, his kids, and other random things.  I apologized for eating so much, but he winked at me and told me he loved a woman with a healthy appetite.  It made me feel good, because I enjoyed watching men eat as well.  Watching Michael devour his nachos appealed to me in a really sinful way.   
After our repast, we remained at the table for a few minutes and Michael took my hands.  I smiled at him.  “Does anyone ever call you Mike?”
“No,” he said.  “I’m too old for that.  Do you want to call me Mike?”
“No,” I said.  “I prefer Michael.”
“Do you want to get wet?” he asked.
I took a deep breath as my stomach did a flip flop.  Michael had a full lower lip that most women would kill for.  His lips had a natural pink tinge and when he smiled, it was as if time stopped.  I’d only seen him once before, and I didn’t have the chance to appreciate his looks until now.  I guess I was staring because he shook my hands. 
“Neshelle, do you want to get wet?”
“Hm?  Oh, wet?”  I felt my cheeks get warm.  “Do you mean a water ride?”
“Did you have anything else in mind?” he said, smiling deviously.
I closed my eyes and squeezed my thighs together.  “This is our first date.  Are you being dirty?  Are you a naughty boy, Michael?”
“That depends,” he said.
“On what?”
“On whether you want me to be.  I’ll let you decide.  But to answer your first question, yes.  I meant a water ride.”
I closed my eyes and quelled my nerves.  I could use the cooling off.  “Let’s go.” 

        After Logger’s Run, Rip Roaring Rapids, and White Water Falls, my hair was starting to frizz and I was tired.  But I could not deny the deep satisfaction I felt from the multiple adrenalin rushes I’d experienced.  We left White Water Falls laughing like kids and started making our way towards the exit when suddenly Michael pushed me up against one of the gates and kissed me.  I lost track of time and space when his soft, warm lips connected with mine.  The barest tip of his tongue explored my mouth and I felt myself pulse and knew I’d dampened my panties.  Shameless.  He had a pair of ridiculously soft kissable lips.
Irresistible
            He broke the kiss and the look in his eyes was so intense and revealing, it shook me to my core.  Kevin had looked at me that exact same way not even a week ago and I didn’t resist his charms.  If Michael kept on being sexy, I doubted if I would be able to resist him.  “Michael,” was all I could manage before he kissed me again.  It was as if there were fireworks in my chest; I felt tingly all over and parts of me throbbed in the most dirtiest of ways.  Two men at the same damn time.  God has a marvelous sense of humor.
When he broke that kiss, he brushed his thumb against my lips, cupped my face and murmured, “Neshelle.”  Then he pulled away and held out his hand.  “Shall we?”
            As we headed towards the parking lot, I looked up at the night sky and glanced at the stars.  Michael pointed out the constellations he knew, paying particular attention to Orion.
“I like Orion.  He’s my favorite.”
“Why?”
“Well, he’s a hunter.  But I like him because he’s got two supergiant stars at opposite ends.  If you squint, you can actually see the colors.  That red one, in his left armpit, that’s Betelgeuse.  Now,” and he made a diagonal to a blue star, “that’s Rigel, at his knee.  Squint.”
I squinted.
“Can you see Betelgeuse and Rigel?  They’re red and blue.”
I squinted again.  My eyesight wasn’t the best, but I could make out a telltale red dot and a blue one.  “I can see them.”
“Arcturus is orange, but we can’t see it from here.  Polaris is at the end of the Little Dipper, which under normal circumstances, you can see.”
“You like astronomy.  Nerd,” I teased, even though I found intelligent men brutally sexy.
 “I’ve got a five-inch Meade mounted on my deck.  Maybe on our next date, you’ll go stargazing with me.”
“Maybe,” I said, moving closer to him.
He took my hand and I smiled at him.  “I am having such a good time, Neshelle.  I love amusement parks; I don’t go as often as I like, and this was refreshing.”
“I enjoyed it as well, Michael.  It’s been at least nine or ten years since I’ve rode rides like these.”
We found his motorcycle and he unhooked our helmets.
“Well, I’d like for you to see something else, if you’re in no hurry to get home.”
“I’m not.  I’m working from home tomorrow.”  One of the blessed perks of my job was that I telecommuted every other Friday.
“So we don’t have to cut our date short?”
“No,” I said.  We’d already been out three hours or so, but I wasn’t ready for the date to end.  I was having too much fun with a man I liked.
Once on the Harley, Michael headed west, towards the coast.  I held on to him, not so tightly this time, and enjoyed the feel of his heartbeat matching the thrum of the bike.  The moon was a crescent and as we neared the coast, everything got darker.  Soon enough, Michael pulled off on the side of the road and turned off the Harley.  We dismounted and removed our helmets.  Michael took my hand and we walked up a slight incline, and then down another one.  Michael stopped and I bumped into him, staring into the black void of the Pacific.  It roared in my ears and I instantly lost myself in the music of the waves.   I love the ocean.  It’s awesome.  I stood for I don’t know how long until I heard Michael’s voice in my ear.
“Majestic, isn’t it?”
“It’s beautiful.”
“I come here when I need to think.  I like coming at night.  It’s quite cleansing.”
I closed my eyes and listened, feeling a measure of peace.  It was as if everything rolled away and all that mattered was the water before me and the man behind me.  I felt his arms come around me and he pulled me into his chest.   His arms were around my waist and I folded mine over his to let him know that his gesture was not unwanted.  For a long time there were no words and I was comforted when I realized we were breathing in tandem.
“I have never been to the beach at night,” I said.  “Never even thought about it.”
He nuzzled the back of my ear.  “I do it regularly.  If my schedule permitted it, I’d be a night owl.”
“Me too,” I said.  Kevin had said almost the same thing.  What were the chances?
“So you’ve already answered my next question,” he whispered, pulling me closer.
“What question was that?”
“I was going to ask if you’ve ever made love on the beach at night.”
I turned to look at him.  “Have you?”
“Of course,” he said.  “I love the outdoors.  I have no limitations.”
My stomach seemed to roll over and beg at the very thought of the debauchery I could get into with this man.  I didn’t know what to say to that.
“Have I offended you, Neshelle?”
“Quite the contrary,” I said.  “I just didn’t know how to respond to that statement.”
Michael laughed and then, to play even more hell with my already frayed nerves, kissed my neck.  “I’m sure that if you gave it some thought, you’d know exactly how to respond.”  He gave me a quick pull.  “Come now, let me take you home."
The ride back to the city was mesmerizing.  I couldn’t stop gawking at the scenery; seeing San Francisco at night on the back of a motorcycle was heady.  I knew that, if Michael and I were to continue dating—it was likely—that I would be riding the Harley as often as I could.  And its owner.  There was no shame in my game.  I don’t normally behave this way; I’m usually very picky about who I give up the goodies to.  Just lately, however, I’ve been a bit less restrained…and it was great.  I didn’t know what was going to happen with Kevin and me, or with Michael and me, but I was smart enough to enjoy these experiences for what they were.  It might be a long time before I get any more quality nooky.  Best not to look a gift horse in the mouth.
            Far too soon, he was pulling up in front of my duplex.  We dismounted and he secured my helmet.  Then he turned to look at me.  I grabbed his hand and led him to my door.  Once there, we stood and looked at each other.  He took my hand and ran one callused fingertip over my cuticles.  I stared at him, at once nervous and a bit distressed that his eyelashes were long and beautiful.  Why is it that men have better eyelashes than women?  I have to purchase eyelashes that look like Michael’s.
            “You want to come in?”
            “Yeah,” he said.  “Do you want me to come in?”
            “I wouldn’t have asked otherwise.”
            “Fair enough,” he said.  “But I have no expectations, Neshelle.”
            “That’s too bad,” I said.  “Because I do.”
            “Is that right?”
            “That’s right.  Come on,” I said, whipping out my keys and unlocking my door.  “Come inside.”
            When he came in, I offered to take his jacket and he gave it to me.  It was utterly ridiculous how fine the man was, but I could keep it together.
            “Do you want something to drink?”
            He sat on the couch.  “No.  Not yet, anyway.”
            I took off my jacket and tossed both coats on the recliner and sat next to him.  Michael leaned back, stretching his legs.  For a long moment, we looked at each other.  He was certainly easy on the eyes.  I wondered how many women at Sun Microsystems lusted after him.  Michael smiled at me and I bit my lip.  After such a great evening, a fairly intimate moment on the beach, and a saucy come-hither, I was suddenly shy.  I didn’t know what to say to him in the glaring light of my living room. 
            “Do you want me to leave?”
            “No.”
            “Why so quiet?”
            “Because I’m just trying to get my head around all this.”
            “All what?”
            I bit my lip again.  Michael couldn’t know that I’d had a similar conversation with Kevin on this same couch last week.  I had to be very careful with this whole thing.  “We’ve been talking regularly for almost three weeks.  It’s obvious that we like each other, and we’re both too old to play games.  I wasn’t expecting this.  It was almost out of the blue.  You and…you came from nowhere, and in spite of my attraction to you, I’m trying to figure out what to do next.”
            “What do you want to do next?”
            “I don’t know.”
            “Tell you what,” Michael said, putting his hand on my thigh, “Don’t try to figure out what to do.  We’ll just let it go where it wants to go.  I do like you and I am very attracted to you.  I want to be with you and I would have never approached you if I wanted anything less.”
            I smiled at him and sat back.  “Fair enough, Michael.”
            “I’ll say this,” he said, “I would not mind if it led to a kiss.  That one we shared earlier was a tease.  I want more.”
            I nodded, smiling widely.  “It was.”  Then I looked around.  We were comfortable on the couch and I wanted to kiss him.  But I wanted to feel his body against mine in a way that wasn’t possible on the couch.   “Can we stand up to kiss?”
            Michael looked at me and put a finger on my chin.  “Is that what you want?”
            “Yes,” I said.  I really liked the way he had me cornered against the rail when we were at the park.  I wanted that particular sensation again.
            He stood up and took my hand.  I got to my feet and he smiled at me.  “I have no problems with a woman telling me what she wants.”
            “Good,” I said, moving in such a way that my back was to the wall.  “Because I’ll draw you a roadmap to my orgasm and demand that you follow it.”  I told Kevin the same thing last week and he followed it to the T.  With blissful results, I might add.
            He put his hands on my cheeks and nuzzled my nose.  “Oh Neshelle, I like you so much…”
            And to my delight, Michael pushed me against the wall and cornered me.  It was such a sexy sensation.  The kiss was slow at first; he captured my upper lip and then my bottom one before moving his hands to my waist and kissing me deep.  He explored my mouth in a slow, dream-like fashion and I did the same to him. Michael’s mouth was ridiculously delicious and I pressed against him like a wanton.  I threw my arms around him.  Then he moved his lips to my ear and neck, nipping gently while I sucked on his earlobe.  A soft growl escaped his throat and his hands left my waist.  He grabbed my ass like he knew what to do with it and I gasped and met the wicked, sexy look in his dark eyes.
            “Oh hell yes,” I said.  “Do you know what you’re doing?”
            “Do you want me to show you?”
            “I’m not afraid,” I said.  “Show me.”
            After that, it was on.  I told Michael where my bedroom was, and he picked me up and carried me to it. 

Ummm, yeah.
            As far as I’m concerned, when it comes to sex, a man has done his job when all I want to do after I’ve come is roll over and go to sleep.  I don’t have a great need to be cuddled or have a post-coital chat.  If he has done what he’s supposed to do, then both of us should be tired.  After I finally got off of Michael, after ‘O’ # 3, I was exhausted.  He had certainly done what he was supposed to do.  I rolled over on my stomach and let out a gusty, heavy sigh.  He lay on his back and his fingers grazed my side.
            “That was amazing,” I said.
            “You think so?”
            “My forehead’s sweaty and my legs are still quivering, so yes.  I do.”
            “It was, Neshelle.  I meant it when I said I had no expectations past a good time at Great America, but this was a wonderful bonus.”
            “I’m sleepy,” I said.
            “Oh,” Michael said, rolling to his side.  I felt his fingers sliding over my back.  “I guess that means I did what I was supposed to do.”
            “Good.  You understand the rules of engagement.”
            “I understood the rules of engagement when you told me you would provide a map to your pleasure.  I knew then that you were not a woman to be trifled with.  What a relief.  I’m tired of dealing with females who don’t know or own their sexuality.  It’s very unappealing.”
            “Do I take that to mean you always fuck on the first date?”
            He laughed.  “No.  I haven’t done anything like this in a long time.  Do you?”
            I chuckled into the pillow, deciding that he didn’t need to know that the only other time I’d done such a thing was last week with Kevin, and I had not been able to help myself that time either.  Kevin was irresistible in a way that was different from Michael.  I was going to be in trouble if I kept messing around with both of them.
            “No,” I said.  “I try to be a respectable girl, Michael, but there is nothing proper about my attraction to you.”
            “Good to know,” he said.  “I haven’t been able to think straight since I got here.  And I’m going to leave it up to you to plan our next date.  You have complete control over this thing and I don’t mind you having it.  I’m man enough that I can handle you telling me what you want and how you want it.”
            I rolled over to look at him.  “Thank you, Michael.”
            “I like you,” he said.  “I want to have something with you.  We’re very compatible, don’t you think?”
            “You would not be in my bed if that weren’t the case, handsome.”
Lucky heifer.
            He leaned forward and kissed my forehead.  I slipped my fingers through his hair and kissed his lips.  In moments, we were at it again and it was sinful, yet sweet.  He picked me up and held me in such a way that my legs were in the crook of his elbows and he bounced me up and down on that marvelous instrument he had between his legs.  Oh, but this man could get it!  I was going to need to take another trip to my stylist, because Michael, like Kevin, had thoroughly sweated out my hair.
            Later, he was helping me change the bed.  The sheets were far too damp and as tired as I was, I could not sleep on wet sheets.  We did it naked and laughing and I thought about how much fun it was being with Michael.  Then I thought about how much fun it was being with Kevin.  The only difference was that he and I had sex in the living room; we had been all over each other and Kevin hadn’t bothered to ask where my bed was, and I hadn’t cared enough to tell him.  Michael finished stuffing my goosedown pillow into the fresh pillowcase. 
            “You want to spend the night?” I asked.  It was after midnight.
            “I would love to,” he said.  “But I have an early day tomorrow and I’d better go home.”
            “I hope I haven’t kept you up too late,” I said, putting on a robe.
            “Are you kidding?” he said.  “This was completely worth it.  Besides, I like riding my Harley at night.”
            “It is a unique experience, I’ll give you that.”
            “We’ll do it again,” he said.  He started to get dressed and I went to get something to drink.  While I was in the kitchen devouring grapes, he came out, smiling at me.  I gave him a bottle of water and offered him the bowl of grapes.  Michael took a handful.
            “Thanks,” he said.
            “You’re welcome.”
            He popped the grapes as he put on his jacket.  I went over to help him zip up, smiling at the warmth in my stomach.
            “What are you smiling about?”
            “We used an entire box of condoms,” I said. 
            “That’s a good thing, Neshelle.”
            “It definitely is,” I said as we started walking to the door.  “I’ll make sure that I have plenty on hand the next time our date goes beyond expectations.”
            “Smart girl,” Michael said.  Then he opened my door and turned to look at me.  “Let’s include a stargazing portion in our next outing.”
            I’m sure my smile was so wide that the man could see all 32 of my teeth.  “I’d like that, Michael.”
            “Get some sleep tonight.”
            A yawn escaped me.  “Don’t worry,” I said.  “I’m sure I’ll be snoring the moment my head hits the pillow.”
            “I’ll call you tomorrow,” he said.  “I had a really good time tonight.”
            “I did too, Michael.”
            He leaned in for another kiss, which I gave with gusto in spite of my exhaustion.  Then he ruffled the top of my head and winked at me.  “Good night.”
            “Good night,” I said, watching him as he went to his motorcycle and put on his helmet.  He started the Harley, revved the engine, and waved at me before backing out of my driveway.  I closed the door and leaned against it as I listened to the bike’s retreating rumble and wondered how in the hell I was going to handle dating two extraordinary men at one time.  As I shuffled towards my bedroom, I picked up my cell phone and noticed that I’d missed four calls.  One was from my best friend and the other three were from Kevin.  I listened to my voice mail, halfway nervous about the message I was about to hear.
            “Neshelle?  It’s Kevin.  I’ve been thinking about you all day and I want to see you.  I know it’s short notice, but will you have dinner with me tomorrow?  Call me.  Leave a message.”
            It was almost two o’clock in the morning.  I set my phone to charge and sighed as I sat down on my freshly-made bed.  I knew that I was going to call Kevin in the morning and agree to have dinner with him.  Just as I knew that I was going to arrange another date with Michael within the next couple of days.  I found both men appealing and alluring. I couldn’t help it.  And I couldn’t help but wonder what the hell I was getting myself into.

fin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reviews are welcome and appreciated. Flames will be used for grilling.